In accordance with the specific regulations that establish prevention measures in order to address the COVID-19 health crisis, we have established a reference protocol of mandatory compliance for the celebration of the Tenerife Walking Festival.
The following considerations must be taken into account during the processes of registration and participation in the 2021 edition of the Tenerife Walking Festival:
- The Tenerife Walking Festival is a sporting event that takes place outdoors in different natural areas of Tenerife. This fact allows for a greater safety margin when it comes to guaranteeing the minimum interpersonal protection measures.
- During the event, attention must be given to adddressing all requirements set forth by the event’s organization with regard to the compulsory use of face masks, hand hygiene and the maintenance of interpersonal safety distance.
- Transportation of participants from the meeting place to the starting point of the excursions will be organised using collective transport, and face masks must be worn during the entire journey. The maximum capacity of the vehicles will be reduced in order to guarantee interpersonal distance between all participants and members of the organization.
- The maximum number of participants per route will also be limited for the purpose of creating small groups that allow to comply with the minimum interpersonal protection measures.
- We strongly recommend to follow all instructions and advice given by the organization before and during the celebration of the event.
- Without prejudice to our Terms and conditions, in the event of unforeseen cancellation of the Festival due to sanitary reasons, this will result in the participant being entitled to a full refund of the registration fee for all excursions chosen. The organization cannot be required for any further obligation or requested for additional compensation to the purchaser.
- Picnics and any other food and beverage supply to hikers will be offered in individual packaging, using biodegradable materials whenever posible and ensuring the corresponding health protocols at all times.
These measures are subject to change and may be amended according to the evolution of the health crisis until the celebration of the event. Therefore, we request all participants to keep abreast of any possible alterations or updates that may be later included in this protocol, and to address all instructions issued by the competent health safety authorities.
Please refer to the Tenerife Walking Festival website to obtain the most current information regarding starting points and times of excursions, updates on health safety measures and COVID-19 action protocols.