TENERIFE WALKING FESTIVAL 2021
Terms and Conditions
To participate in Tenerife Walking Festival, participants must meet the following requirements:
- For federated walkers:
a. Registration in the festival programme implies confirmation that your hiking federation license is valid, and that it complies with the minimum required accident insurance.
b. *If your federation license does not cover accidents in the Canary Islands, you must take out insurance cover.
- For non-federated walkers: if you are not a hiking federation member, you should select the option “Non-federated” for each route you choose, which includes the cost of compulsory insurance cover.
- It is forbidden the participation for children under 12 years old. Participants from 13 to 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult of full legal age that considers that the minor is able to complete the chosen hike. Such adult must be responsible for the minor for all purposes.
- Persons with any type of disability must be also accompanied by a responsible adult. This circumstance must be notified to the organizers.
- Participants must act responsibly with the environment, promoting the environmental preservation and social balance at all times.
- Pets are not permitted in the hikes.
- All the hikes shall be conducted by official expert guides, as well as by local volunteers, who shall be duly identified. Participants must follow their directions and indications at all times.
- Participants must wear proper clothes and footwear for hiking. Otherwise, the organizers may prohibit the participation of hikers not complying with this requirement.
- For the hikes, it is recommended that participants carry warm and waterproof clothes, as well as sufficient food and drinks, hat or caps and sun protection.
- Bad weather conditions shall not be an obstacle for the development of the hikes. However, the organizers reserve the right to amend or remove scheduled hikes, especially in the case that the personal safety of the participants may be affected.
- If the event is cancelled by the organizers due to bad weather, the participant will receive a refund of the excursions.
- Once a participant is registered, the registration fee shall not be refunded in the case that the participant decides to not attend the event, whether the reason is justified or not.
- The registration is personal and non-transferable and involves the acceptation of the present rules.
- The minimum participants per excursion are 15, should the number not reaches that figure, the participants will be relocated to other excursions.
- In the event of unforeseen cancellation of the Festival due to sanitary reasons, this will result in the participant being entitled to a full refund of the registration fee for all excursions chosen. The organization cannot be required for any further obligation or requested for additional compensation to the purchaser.
- We strongly recommend to follow all instructions and advice given by the organization before and during the celebration of the event.
* After checking that the participant holds a federation license and that the license covers, at least, the accident insurance policy for events held in the Canary Islands, the participant shall exempt the organizers from any liability in case of injury and/or accident. The registration involves the acceptation of the present rules.
IMAGE RIGHTS ASSIGNMENT
The registration at the Tenerife Walking Festival 2021
TURISMO DE TENERIFE, S.A. so it may use, in whole or in part, my own image contained in the photographs that may be taken during the Tenerife Walking Festival for the sole purpose of promoting this event, which include the rights of reproduction, distribution and public communication.
TURISMO DE TENERIFE, S.A. to use these, or part of them, in all the countries of the world with no geographical limitation whatsoever.
This authorisation refers to all the possible uses of the photographs, or parts of them, containing my own image, using the technical means known at present or others which may be developed in the future, and for any application. All with the sole exception and limitation of those uses or applications that may infringe the right to honour under the terms provided for in Organic Law 1/1985, dated 5 May, on Civil Protection of the Right to Honour, Personal and Family Privacy and one’s own image.
This authorisation is granted for an unlimited period of time, and no time limit is set for its granting or for the exploitation of the photographs, or part of them, containing my own image.
This authorisation is granted free of charge, and I expressly waive the right to claim any amount for the assignment of the image rights contained in this document.